Consultation on the City of Ottawa – O-Train Trillium Line extension project
The Canadian Transportation Agency (the CTA) is requesting public comments on the application by the City of Ottawa for approval to construct a railway line as part of its Stage 2 O-Train Trillium Line Project.
The Canada Transportation Act gives the Canadian Transportation Agency the authority to approve the construction of federally-regulated railway lines.
The CTA can approve an application to construct a railway line if it determines that the location of the railway line is reasonable. The CTA takes into consideration the:
- requirements for railway operations and services; and
- interests of the localities affected by the railway line.
The City's proposed Stage 2 O-Train Trillium Line Project would extend the current Trillium Line passenger service south of its current terminus at Greenboro station, and would add a link to the Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport. The Trillium Extension will add 16 kilometres of rail and 6 stations:
- South Keys,
- Earl Armstrong/Bowesville, and
Call for comments
We invite you to submit your comments on the following questions:
- How would the proposed railway lines affect your interests? Describe any expected benefits or concerns you have with the proposed line.
- If you have concerns, what could be done to address them?
- Do you need additional information, beyond what the City has provided in its application and supplemental documents, in order to understand how the construction and operation of the proposed railway line would affect you? Describe what type of information you require.
The last day for submitting your written comments is the close of business on March 29, 2019.
All submissions sent to the CTA will be considered public documents. The comments, including the submitter's name, may be posted on our website unless the submitter makes a claim for confidentiality which is accepted by the CTA.
How to participate
- Application (English only, as supplied)
- Project Co. Decisions Points During Construction for Public Comment and Consultation (English only, as supplied)
- Appendices (English only, as supplied)
- Stage 2 Report.
- Stage 2 Report Appendices.
The City of Ottawa’s application is available in person at the following locations:
- Ottawa City Hall Information Desk, 110 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 1J1
- Greenboro Library Branch, 363 Lorry Greenburg Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1T 3P8
We are analyzing the input.