Accessibility and the Canadian Transportation Agency
Persons with disabilities have a right to equal access to federal transportation services.
The CTA has a mandate to protect this right. We create regulations, codes of practice and guidelines to ensure accessible transportation, such as the Accessible Transportation for Persons with Disabilities Regulations (ATPDR) and the new Accessible Transportation Planning and Reporting Regulations (ATPRR).
We also help resolve individual complaints about accessibility through facilitation, mediation or adjudication.
Services and information
Find all information related to the new Accessible Transportation for Persons with Disabilities Regulations (ATPDR).
Tips for transportation service providers and persons with disabilities to keep in mind during these challenging times.
Find all information related to the new Accessible Transportation Planning and Reporting Regulations (ATPRR).
A compilation of guides, best practices, reports, studies, initiatives and presentations related to accessible transportation.
A compilation of requirements, guidelines, and standards for large and small transportation service providers.
For advice on accessibility issues, the Agency consults the committee, made up of representatives from the community of persons with disabilities, the transportation industry and other interested parties.
Federal transportation providers and terminal operators are required to train their staff and contracted personnel on how to assist persons with disabilities.
- FAQs: Accessible Transportation Planning and Reporting Regulations
- CSA Group - Accessibility Standards for CTA Updated
- Best Practices for Indoor Relief Areas for Service Dogs in Terminals
- International Working Group on Special Service Request Codes
- Safe Securement and Containment of Mobility Aids in the Cargo Compartment (Phase 2)
- Best practices for providing assistance to customers with disabilities: A resource tool
- Interpretive decision - Accessibility-related applications
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)