Disputes about running rights and joint track usage

Types of disputes we can help with

A railway company can apply to the Agency for the right to run its trains over the tracks of any other federal railway company when no negotiated agreement exists.

For more information about running rights and joint track usage, read section 138 of the Canada Transportation Act.

Dispute resolution services

You could use a quick and relatively informal process to resolve your dispute:

Or you could use a more formal process:

See the overview and FAQs for a comparison of the dispute resolution options. If you're not sure about which option to choose, you can contact us anytime to see how we can help.

Date modified: