Railway, Rail Shipper and Community Help Line
The Canadian Transportation Agency offers information, guidance and dispute resolution services about:
- level of service provided by railway companies to shippers
- rail noise and vibration
- railway crossings and other issues
We can also help with shipper and community rights and obligations.
Help Line staff are available Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time
In the event we are unable to answer your call, please leave a message. We will return your call within 1–2 business days.
Your identity will not be shared with the carrier without your express consent.
- Rail Monitoring at the Agency
- Railway Crossings
- FAQs: Private Railway Crossings
- Railway line construction and relocation
- Complaints about rail noise and vibration
- Long-Haul Interswitching
- Guides and tools for rail
Railway, Rail Shipper and Community Help Line 1-877-850-7148 (transcript)
Have rail questions?
Need information about dispute resolution?
How can we help you?
Canadian Transportation Agency Rail Help Line: 1-877-850-7148