Disputes about the construction of a railway line across another railway line

Types of disputes we can help with

Under section 99 (Part III) of the Canada Transportation Act, if the parties are unable to reach an agreement respecting a railway crossing, the party proposing to construct the crossing may apply to the Agency.

The Agency may authorize the construction of the railway line or any related work, and may rule on the disputed issues.

For more information, refer to Railway line construction and relocation.

Dispute resolution services

You could use a quick and relatively informal process to resolve your dispute:

Or you could use a more formal process:

See the overview and FAQs for a comparison of the dispute resolution options. If you're not sure about which option to choose, you can contact us anytime to see how we can help.

Report a problem on this page

* Please select all that apply: (required)

Date modified: