Licences and charter permits

Amendments to the Air Transportation Regulations (ATR) have been finalized and published in Part II of the Canada Gazette.

The majority of the amendments come into force July 1, 2019, while increased insurance requirements will be implemented in two years, on July 1, 2021.

The Agency is the authority for Canada that issues licences to operate publicly available air services. The Agency issues licences to operate domestic air services to Canadian applicants. It also issues licences to operate scheduled and non-scheduled international services to and from Canada.

More information on:

Air carrier licence search

Search the Agency's database of air licences.

Application forms and guides

Having trouble downloading a form?

If you are having trouble downloading a PDF or .docx form, you can “right-click” on the link and select “Save link as…” or “Save target as…”

  Forms How to apply
Air licence (Canadian applicant)
Air licence (non-Canadian applicant)
Charter permits  
Code-Share and Blocked-Space Approval
Date modified: